Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Masks

Creating masks are one of my favorite ways to try out new ideas I have always loved Halloween because of the ability to transform oneself into some thing else. Over the years I have collected masked and in the last 10 years began to create my own. The picture is of my Rose Queen mask. I will be adding more pictures as time permits.
Masks let us tell the world to see us in a new light and wonder at the workings of our minds and how thoughts are translated into art.

This is also to introduce The Stool Project or as we came to call it FORCES OF NATURE a collective group of North West Artists began a shared art experience and created delightful pieces with 2 years of time and many different materials. It all began when we met on cold cloudy winter day and began the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment