Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Snow Moon 6


I have always LOVED Faeries……….. Since I was child I believed in their existence! They were my playmates and friends!
Faeries have been on my brain, in my dreams and my days! For the very first time I attended FaerieCon West at the beautiful Renaissance Hotel in downtown Seattle! Faeries and Elves and Mermaids OH MY!!!!!! What a grand time we had.
I have chosen to highlight one of Cicely Mary Barker’s Flower Faeries for this month’s Little Alter. Cicely Mary Barker was born in Croydon, South London in 1895 and died in 1973.  Her Faeries were first published in 1923, which brought her international acclaim as an artist.
I love the little Faerie highlighted in a shadow box setting. It soon will be spring and Cicely Barker’s Flower Faeries always make me think of this time of year while I plan for my garden that the Faeries will love the new plantings.
Open your eyes and hearts to find a Faerie or two of your own, they make great friends!!!

Lynn Hranac

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Thanks, Lynn! Events conspired such that I didn’t get the mail for a couple of days. So I got your Faerie shadow box this morning. Too cute! And the easiest glue that came to hand was iridescent glitter glue. No, I didn’t get it everywhere, but there are a few pieces of glitter showing, which goes great with your piece. Thanks! It’s great! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful fairy box and all of the wonderful colors you used. I love the shadowbox within a shadowbox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the faerie is peaking in a crocus, the most glorious flower this time of year!

    ReplyDelete