Thursday, June 27, 2013

JUNE FULL MOON # 9

June inspirations started with the explosion of plant life in the garden. The weather cannot decide if it should be hot or cool, Rain squalls have played  tag with a day or two of summer-like  heat, meanwhile rain batters the flowers.

Moss has really taken hold and I find it fascinating to see all the different varieties in my garden. Using the moss as inspiration I created texture plate from moss I found in the rainforest  of the Olympic Peninsula. It has a zigzag shape and that is what I used to create this tiny kimono in copper. I added the full moon in the background of white glitter paper on a background of felted velvet and red wool .

 The tiny butterfly came from my Susan Clarke Button collection and there is a tiny star caught up on the bottom of the dress. The twig is from my contorted hazel shrub and I added a wee pink pearl flower I hand wired in place.  I searched far and wide through my stash for just the right word to finish off my piece for Marilynn and after many distractions (ohhh shiny things, hmmm I forgot I had this….) I found Summer!  
Perhaps it will appear now???
https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif



3 comments:

  1. WOW - it's so beautiful. Love the inspiration, colors, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that your Kimono design fits in one of the boxes! Such the perfect wee spot for it. I love how the pearls and butterfly compliment one another. It's a perfect summer kimono. And of course, I think those branches are da bomb. I love how they twist and aren't perfect. Lovely, lovely. Someone's quite lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:16 AM

    O.K. let's see if we can get my comments printed this time... as Lynn V says, WOW!!! I am so honored to receive this beautiful Kimono. The picture does not do it justice as it is way more beautiful in person. I would love to work with this copper ac and hopefully will be able to with our dear Peg in the future. Thank you, thank you, thank you... BIG HUGS, M

    ReplyDelete