Monday, March 04, 2013

Snow MOON 10


My inspiration for the Snow Moon started with my walks at lunch time around Ballard.  I looked at the trees and took several photos. I liked the emptiness of the space with no leaves.  Also working Saturdays at Marymoor Park collecting parking fees for the Cirque du Soliel, I fell in love with their Amaluna poster. Can't wait to see the show in March.



With the peacock paper, it became my background for space A. Poking small holes around the print I put colored paper in small squares behind to slightly see their color. Added enameled cooper headpins with sequin colored pieces I settled them into the space.

The copper plate was my stickler, as I wasn't happy with it. Seems every time I sat down to work on it, it just wasn't happening.  As time ticked, ticked away, I finally had to tell myself, push and you'll overcome.  It was Black History month in Feb, so I had a dream it would get done.

 Little wisps of Peacock feathers were added to my enameled head pins/sequins and secured on my cooper plate. My little altar for Kathy Dannerbeck was missing something, knowing Kathy is in Tucson several times throughout the year, I thought a Zuni Fetish of a Wolf with an offering of coral / turquoise would be perfect. It's wrapped with Peacock feather piece and connected with cooper wire.

Really love my "Moon Beam Dreams" from Lynn Hranac for space A.  The little white trimming looks like flowers and sweet stamped swirls. The messages inside on each page give many kinds of inspirations. Great addition to my Little Altars box that is staring to grow.


 Kimberly Kostal

2 comments:

  1. Lovely creation, Kimberly! And you used Picasa to make a collage. WAY cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:58 PM

    It really is beautiful Kimberly. Love all of the colors and thought you put into it.
    FYI - Lynn Vernon (me) sent your book and I am glad that you like it.
    Warm Regards,
    Lynn Vernon

    ReplyDelete