Tuesday, May 28, 2013

MAY PINK FLOWER MILK MOON #5

Hi Peg, Here’s my May installment.

Once again, my own collected and unfinished treasures provided the inspiration for this month’s Little Altars spot.  Since I was making the spot “for myself” meaning my exchange this month was with me, myself, and I, this was an interesting and sort of indulgent endeavor.  Some sort of serendipitous spell came over me as I wondered around my little places of projects and treasures, and I pretty quickly came up with something that I thought I’d really like.  Nice when there are very few false starts, and that’s what happened this time. 


I’m an elephant fan, so the opportunity to use an elephant bead that I’d probably never put on a piece of jewelry was a plus.  And the flat beaded disk has been teasing me to do something with it ever since I made it.  Of course it was supposed to be part of a larger project, but now it’s in a perfectly happy place, pretending to be a water place for the elephant.  Both now live on top of my currently favorite play materials: watercolor paper, watercolors and gouache.


2 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!!!! I'm proud of you for taking care of "me, myself, and I" so well! It's important to take care of "you" so we can all still enjoy you too! I'll bring you a little surprise from Italy. Ciao Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the elephant rolling the beaded ball. Love to read your inspiration views

    ReplyDelete