Sunday, July 28, 2013

JULY MOON #5


Hi Peg,
 By now you have received your “stick” and “leaves”.  It was fun to put these together.  I’ve hoped that the stick would find a home in THAT Little Altars spot since the beginning.  I’m kind of a sucker for beads on sticks – well for beads in general, I guess you could say!  And the leaves were begun last year as I looked through one of those Japanese beading books.  Even though I’m not the world’s biggest fan of beaded wire flowers, these were totally fun.  I chose linen fabric to mount these on because I like the texture, and because you could put an awl through it and the hole would just heal up!  Enjoy!  Nancy







5 comments:

  1. SO INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:08 AM

    When I see beautiful creations like this, I think, why did I not think of this!!! I have beaded around sticks and stones and it is a fun, relaxing and meditating and allows me to think of other creations. Love these .... hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to say this double lovely work goes into my printer drawer double spot for July. Thank you Nancy I love it and the cool color choices. I also find it very very interesting we both used tree parts and leaves! Great Minds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious. I love the colors and the whole feel. What a fun piece. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely grand! Both the leaves and the stick! I think a bowl of beaded sticks would be such fun!

    ReplyDelete