Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October Full Moon #3

Hello Ladies,

This month has been CRAZY BUSY!  I took a few hours for myself and visited Peg at the Best Of The Northwest show and what a treat that was!!!  Relaxing and fun.  Her work, as always was beautiful and her booth warm and inviting.  It wasn’t difficult for me to find something beautiful for my mom’s birthday in March!

This month my spot is for Lou, who, if I remember correctly not only LOVES HALLOWEEN but has a birthday on October 13!!!!

Early in this art exchange several of you used Shrink Film aka Shrinky Dink so for many months I have been committed to trying it!!!!  THIS IS THE MONTH!  I also wanted to introduce some of you to Pebeo Vitrea 160 paints (since you are all so creative some of you may have used them in the past).  For those of you have not heard of them or had a chance to try these amazing paints I will provide a brief overview of the process.  These paints are meant for hand painting glass and dishes.  You paint it on.  Let it dry for 24 hours.  After it has dried completely you place it in the oven, turn it on to 300 degrees for 40 minutes.  When it’s done you turn off the oven, open the door, and let the piece air cool because it is glass and will crack if you cool it too quickly.  TADA!!!!

I decided to cut out a cute and adorable pumpkin in Brass.  I used the process of chasing and repousse to give it texture and volume.  I then hand mixed the colors that I wanted and created a deep pumpkin orange color with a touch of pearlescence.  You have probably figured out  like that little bit of pop in my pieces that it gives.  I wanted FLAMES for the background so you could see it through the HAPPY PUMPKIN’S eyes which would give it just a little bit of menace but not too much.  Last, but certainly not least,  I needed an adorable Halloween Witch flying past the moon on her broom!!!  This is where the Shrinky Dink came in.  I found my witch, printed her out, cut her out, then put her in the oven to shrink to size.  I hope the pictures help capture as much of the process as possible.  The pumpkin color was a little darker after it went in the oven but it is still a pumpkin!

It will be front heavy so I would suggest hot glue to hold it in if you like it and want to keep it.  It is glued to the background.

I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable Halloween this year!             

Many blessings to everyone,
https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif

Lynn Vernon











2 comments:

  1. I hear that Jack-o-lantern laughing!!! Such a character!!
    Cheers, cyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Pumpkin! Luv the painted colors & shape of the pumpkin. Flying witch is cool too!

    ReplyDelete